In addition to obstetric care, we also manage a wide range of gynaecological conditions.
- Contraceptive advice including Implanon, Mirena and Essure
- Abnormal Pap smears (colposcopy)
- Menstrual problems and fibroids
- Pelvic pain and endometriosis
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Fertility issues (we do not provide IVF but can refer to IVF specialists)
- Vulval conditions including itch, pain and lesions
- Early pregnancy complications such as ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage
The specialist procedures and surgical services provided include:
- Laparoscopic (key hole) surgery for a range of uterine and ovarian conditions
- Hysteroscopic procedures
- Mirena insertion and removal
- Implanon insertion and removal
- Surgery for abnormal Pap smears
Surgery is performed at the Epworth Freemasons hospital.