Complete Gynaecological Care
In addition to obstetric care, we also manage a wide range of gynaecological conditions.
Gynaecology is another branch of support that GROW offer their patients.
This area of medicine deals with the functions and diseases specific to women and girls, especially these affecting the reproductive system (vagina, uterus and ovaries).
Gynaecology is an area of women’s health that some women and girls often find to be a sensitive topic. Rest assured, our highly regarded female gynaecologists will have you feeling relaxed and comfortable whilst resolving your health concerns. Whether it be pelvic pain, heavy or abnormal bleeding, vulval itching, contraceptive advice or sexual health, we will provide you with thorough investigation and comprehensive advice based from your symptoms, needs and lifestyle with a strong focus on maintaining your wellbeing at all times.
Here at GROW, Gynaecological consultations and surgery are offered by Dr Hong Tran and Dr Maryam Ebrahimi our lovely relatable team will assist in the management of a range of gynaecological conditions most commonly:
- Contraception including Implanon, Mirena and Essure
- Thrush and Urinary Tract Infections
- Abnormal bleeding and difficult periods including management of fibroids and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Endometriosis including the management of pelvic pain and Laparoscopic surgery
- Vulval conditions including Vulvodynia, Genital Lichen, itch, pain and lesions
- Abnormal Pap smears and Colposcopy procedures that can be performed in the rooms
- Menopause including postmenopausal bleeding
- Early Pregnancy complications including complications such as ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage
- Fertility issues – we do not provide IVF however we can conduct investigations for infertility and refer you to a IVF Specialist within our close network of trusted colleagues
- Cervical Treatment – precancerous changes
Many gynaecological conditions can be managed in the rooms. However, in some cases it is necessary for surgical investigation and intervention. Our team can provide specialist procedures at Epworth Freemason’s Hospital including:
- Laparoscopy (key hole surgery) for a range of conditions such as endometriosis, ectopic pregnancies and removing uterine fibroid tumours
- Hysteroscopy for removal of fibroids or investigating abnormal bleeding
- IUD (intrauterine contraceptive device) insertion or removal of Mirena and Implanon
- Hysterectomy – vaginally, laparoscopically or abdominally
- Colposcopy for investigating abnormal cervix or pap smear
- Vulval Surgery